Why Be a Rebel?
Las Vegas is an international city and destination, and UNLV plays a major role.
Plus, for golfers, the weather allows for year-round play at dozens of area courses.
Here are some of the top reasons to Be a Rebel.
For the complete list, visit UNLVRebels.com
- UNLV boasts the nation’s leading hospitality majors as part of the world-famous William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration
- A state-of-the-art library…The 300,000-square-foot Lied Library and computer lab is the largest building on campus
- Great weather…Las Vegas averages nearly 300 days of sunshine per year with an annual temperature of 66 degrees
- Exciting growth…Southern Nevada ranks No. 1 among U.S. Metro Areas in population growth and income per capita
- UNLV offers 110 degrees majors within 13 different colleges, as well as 36 doctoral and professional programs
- A sparkling new Student Union & Book Store opened on campus in 2007
- Campus’ stunning three-story, 188,000-square foot Student Recreation Center and Student Wellness Center recently opened its doors. The building’s fitness center houses a variety of amenities, including a swimming pool, whirlpools, circuit training machines, cardio equipment with entertainment systems and an indoor track
- A new Nike Signature partnership to outfit UNLV student-athletes in top-of-the-line gear was recently debuted. Rebel football players will wear newly designed uniforms that are unique to UNLV
- One of the top research institutions in the country…UNLV received $106.8 million last fiscal year, 70 percent of which is directed to university-wide research
- UNLV is one of only three universities to offer a certification program in leadership
- The greater Las Vegas area climate is conducive to year-round outdoor training and development