For the first time, the individual winner of the Southern Highlands Collegiate will receive an exemption into the PGA Tour’s Shriners Hospitals for Children Open to be played Oct. 3-6 at TPC Summerlin in Las Vegas. After two rounds, UNLV sophomore Jack Trent, who played high school golf in Las Vegas, has a three shot lead following an impressive 4-under 68 in the second round. IN the team competition, Georgia Tech, at 11 under, led Stanford by one. Oklahoma was in third at 8 under. The tournament is being live streamed for the first time by a partnership of USA Today Network and Golfweek. Click to watch the Live Stream.
After an opening-round 5-under 67 Sunday, Trent has a 36-hole total of 9-under 135. Stanford’s Brandon Wu and Texas’ Parker Coody are tied for second at 6-under.
The tournament annually attracts one of the strongest fields in college golf and this year includes five of the nation’s top-10 ranked teams.
COMPLETE REBEL SCORES:
- 1st – Jack Trent, sophomore (67-68=135, -9)
- T14th – David Rauch, freshman (69-73=142, -2)
- T37th – Justin Chong, junior (74-73=147, +3) *
- T44th – Harry Hall, senior (75-73=148, +4)
- T49th – Justin Kim, junior (77-72=149, +5)
- T59th – Alex Jordan, senior (74-76=150, +6) *
- T72nd – J.J. Gresco, sophomore (78-76=154, +10)
- T72nd – Chris Ebster, freshman (77-77=154, +10) *
- T80th – Marco Trstenjak, freshman (85-76=161, +17) *
* Competing as an individual
- Georgia Tech (283-282=565, -11)
- Stanford (284-282=566, -10)
- Oklahoma (287-281=568, -8)
T4. Texas Tech (288-284=572, -4)
T4. Texas (295-277=572, -4
T6. UNLV (288-286=574, -2)
T6. California (288-286=574, -2)
There are a total of 15 teams and 81 individuals competing.
- UNLV has won the team title at the Southern Highlands Collegiate in seven of the last 14 years.
- UNLV is the three-time defending Mountain West champions.
- Last year’s team also finished third at the NCAA Regional in Columbus, Ohio, and placed in the top 20 at the NCAA Championship.
- Jack Trent earned the Mountain West Freshman of the Year award last season, while Harry Hall and Trent were both recognized as All-MW performers.
- Hall was named a Srixon/Cleveland Golf All-America Scholar in July.
- UNLV has played in a NCAA-record 30 straight regionals.
- This year marks head coach Dwaine Knight’s 32nd season leading the Rebel program.